Thursday, July 06, 2006

Beauty everywhere

Ok.. so I have to try and get into doing this every day. I've never written anything journal or diary like ever so getting into the groove is tough. When I left for New Zealand everyone I mentioned the trip to were telling me how beautiful it is here. It's all true. Almost everywhere you look its postcard beautiful. So do you ya think I can take a decent picture with all this beauty around me? ...Haa! Here's my first and only picture after being here for 5 days.



The last couple of days have been busy with finding parts for the Night Kite; the first kite to be made with electronics incorporated. Got really lucky with Justin and Kim driving me around New Plymouth to all the shops. Found everything pretty quickly.

Yesterday I went to the Puke Ariki , a natural history museum concerned with the Taranki region and looked around. It was very interesting although I think the artifacts and displays are overwhelmed by all the framing, multi-media displays
and the buildings impressive design. I saw two traditional Maori kites, a manu patiki and a manu taratahi, displayed amongst all the other artifacts. And as well the stuffed Nga Huias, a bird of New Zealand with a really sad story of its extinction.

SCANZ artists lunch at WITT.

1 Comments:

Blogger helen varley jamieson said...

hey ken, i hope by now you've photographed something other than the agapantha - a popular introduced garden border plant which is now a banned weed in many regions ... ; )

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home