Thursday, August 17, 2006

Vancouver daze....



Back in Vancouver, my second home. It's only 11 am and already my shirt is sticking to my body. The high humidity here is in direct contrast with the extremely low humidity experienced in San Jose. I spent the last weekend in San Jose checking out a bit more art and hanging out with as many friends as possible. I sat in on a very well done presentation about SoundCulture by Ed Osborne, Nigel Helyer and Shawn Decker. A bunch of us Solar/Polar Circuit people met up for a lunch. Later there was a big street party with multiple stages and events going on. I wandered about checking everything out but got bored and went back to the hotel. I was all peopled out, tired and a little worried about getting back to Canada. Sleep was good.

Overall the highlight of the week was seeing friends I haven't seen for awhile, in some cases almost ten years. We keep in touch with email but there's nothing like sharing a meal and a few laughs together under one roof or the open sky.





Monday was a travel day with a lot of hurry-up-and wait going on at San Jose and LAx airports. There was an orange security alert, but passing through all the lines was quick and smooth. The only delay was due to fog at the LAx airport. Got back to Vancouver but was all zoned out. Had a couple beers with friends but was barely able to converse. Sleep came quick and deep.

Tuesday was tattoo day. I had started a large back tattoo with Chad at Sacred Heart Tattoo and we needed to finish some line work up. I was little anxious about dealing with the pain as last time I had a hard time with it. I hit my wall several times and had to take a lot of breaks. This time was completely different. After about ten minutes I was in the groove and actually caught myself enjoying the experience a few times as Chad worked away. We have a lot of work left to do but I left feeling really good about the project and looking forward to next time. Pictures soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home