Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Manitoba mud and kite sound experiments 2

After waiting for two weeks of rain and thunderstorms I was able to get out on a very fine day to test out a some new kites and some sound based electronics to use with them. The site where I 've been flying is the Winnipeg Floodway and I'm becoming pretty used to tramping through fresh mud while I am working on this project.

Three weeks ago I tested a prototype sound amplification sytem to amplify the sound of the kites towline vibrating in the wind.(pictured below) This time I tested another circuit and a more compact and tidied up version of the prototype. The fixed up circuit worked the best. So I'll build some more.





There's tons of work already done around this idea of making sound instruments with kites and wind with a long history of people doing this. Here's some links that are making me think. Kite instruments Whistling Kites Cambodian Kite-Bow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home