Wednesday, November 11, 2009

report from Vancouver

I'm home now. Last week I was in Vancouver working on an update of a performance, the Shadow Machine, originally mounted in 2000 and slated to be performed in the Fall of 2010. I'm working with a great bunch of people; Carol Sawyer, Peter Courtemanche, and Alvin Erasga Tolentino . We spent the week reviewing documentation, remembering everything we did before, participating in rehearsals, coming up with new ideas and discussing how to fund it.
I walked around and looked at the ever changing cityscape. At coffee one day with a friend, I mentioned how coming to Vancouver was like putting on an old familiar sweater, I've been doing projects there since 1990. I almost moved there back in 2005. I have my favorite haunts and things to look forward to. Unbelievably I crossed paths with a lot of people I haven't seen or corresponded with for a long time at these places. I hope it still fits me.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home