Tuesday, August 24, 2010

on my bench

Whoa... I was sick this weekend past but in a feverish blast of creativity and hacking I built a custom feedback sound machine for use in the Shadow Machine performances in Vancouver. Inspired by a bench top lathe, the hand wound electromagnetic coils I've been working with, one string scrapyard guitars and the ideas behind the performance project, I was able to create something fun and new. The tool box acts as a frame and a resonator. The depth of the feedback is controlled by a potentiometer on the front and the harmonics are controlled by a worm gear driven coil transducer above the guitar string. Another coil is an audio pickup and there is a small amplifier circuit to help induce the feedback.



The aftermath.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home