Hanging planter I made of branches we cut off the trees.
Lettuce, peas, rosemary, coriander, mint, lemon grass and basil with ladybug house in background. Planters made of salvaged materials.
Potatoes, beans, pumpkins and tomatoes. This was the site of an old shed.
Planters made with salvaged materials, the cruddy dirt and rubble we dug out of the ground where the old shed was and some stones and broken bricks we dug up.
First generation Akai CD player my brother bought in 1984 or so. Doesn't work. Couldn't throw it out. A new kind of a audio art?
Bean tripod and beans starting to climb it. Made with some old pipes that I found in the basement and the recycled lumber from my installation last Fall.
The view from the deck. It's only the middle of June and things are looking beautiful already. In the foreground are more planters I made with salvaged lumber and pails. We planted lettuce, coriander, mint, garlic and onions. As well we moved some mystery plants from the fence line that someone planted a long time ago. I built a raised bed by the fence so I thought it would be good to preserve them so we moved them into one of the containers. They are looking really good so far. One of them is going to flower. We think it may be some kind of iris. Those round chrome things hanging on the fence are moon hubcaps from the 50's, more of my collection of things I can't throw away.
Ladybug house Sandee and I made to house the ladybugs we are planning to get soon. They will eat the aphids that are everywhere. Part of our no pesticides program.
Rusty parts I dug up. The yard is like an archeological dig sometimes with all the stuff we are finding just below the surface.