Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update from Durham

As any SUV drivin Dad with a two year old knows, hard candy lollypops melt into a sticky gooey mess. When stuck to the carpet under the seat for several weeks before being discovered, not very welcoming. I'm not that Dad. I didn't think my candy installation would melt away as much as it did. And it looks amazing. The sticky flavored and colored sugar is slowly adding a whole new dimension to Lick My LEDs!
Philly Markowitz, at the Durham Art Gallery is kindly taking care of my installation during the exhibition. Her reports and photos have been a pleasure to receive as I fretted about it all from 2400 kms away. This week I made and shipped off a whole new batch of lollies to replace the melted ones. Two more weeks to go.



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Kennedy said...

great unexpected results... sticky.. but visually awesome! congrats.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home