Saturday, August 26, 2006

modern primitives


Still thinking about the last events of my visit to Vancouver a week later. Last saturday I had the chance to meet the Godfather of modern primitivism, the man who along with Jim Ward, brought body piercing and other ideas to the West, Fakir Musafar . I also participated in the Spirit + Flesh workshop and ritual. I had been introduced to him reading the ReSearch book, Modern Primitives around 1988 or so and although I am not one for celebrity worship, when the chance to meet him came up, I signed up. The weekend was organized and hosted by the incredible Elwood and his merry crew. And what can I say... awesome!.. a once in a life time experience.....magical.... wonderful... how many more cliches can I dig up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home