Monday, January 18, 2010

Return to San Jose....I'm in the Yukon now

I arrived in Dawson City Yukon this morning. I think I'm channeling the spirit of the stampeders that travelled from California to get here during the Klondike Gold Rush. More on that later. This is what happened last week.

Back in the summer of 2006, I went to San Jose California to take in the ISEA 2006 symposium and the beginnings of a new festival, 01 San Jose. I took in as much as I could of the city and all the festival and symposium activity seceretly hoping I would someday go back and participate. This is what I posted back then. blog entry
And now I returned to San Jose and yes! I will be installing a scaled up in size version of my sound installation wind coil sound flow at the 2010 01SJ Biennial: Build You Own World.






Unbelievably, I went ice skating at a skating rink installed under the palm trees in front of the San Jose Museum of Art. I think the last time I skated was 1981 or so.








The venue for wind coil sound flow will be the interior of the Rotunda at the new city hall.



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home